Culture and History in Tenerife
Although famous for its sun kissed beaches, bustling tourist towns and lively nightlife, Tenerife has a cultural and historical side to offer its visitors.
The spectacular volcanic landscape is home to a thriving local culture that has evolved from the fascinating history of this ancient island. Music, dance, cuisine and a colourful dialect paint a picture that reflects the thousands of years of historical change that has shaped the character of the Tenerife people.
Thinking of visiting Tenerife anytime soon? Check out our Tenerife Holiday Offers page for the best deals on the web.
Find Out More
- What's On In Tenerife?
- Find out what's on around the holiday island of Tenerife
- History Timeline of Tenerife
- Check out this timeline and put the history of Tenerife into perspective
- Traditional Canarian Recipes
- Lots of recipes for you to try out at home and capture the taste of Tenerife
- Culture of Tenerife
- Tenerife's vibrant culture is influenced by its rich history
- Tenerife Auditorium
- Information about what's on at this architecturally magnificent building
- Geography of the Canary Islands
- Lots of information about the Canarian Archipelago
- The People of Tenerife
- All about the people who inhabit the holiday island of Tenerife
- The Legend of Atlantis
- Find out more about Tenerife's connection with the Lost Continent of Atlantis
- History of Tenerife
- Tenerife has had a facinating history and has been talked about as far back as 440 BC
- Lucha Canaria
- Find out about the local sport of Canarian Wrestling
- Tenerife Symphony Orchestra
- All about the world famous Tenerife Symphony Orchestra
- Tenerife Museums
- Get under the skin of Canarian culture and visit some of these interesting museums
- Tenerife Carnival
- Find out about the world famous Tenerife carnival